M Oth RCSEd, MFDS RCDSEd. MFGDP (UK) DPDS
William is a highly regarded and dedicated member of the The Dental Academy team, with significant expertise and experience in specialist orthodontic care, teaching and national assessment.
William graduated from Liverpool University Dental School in 1990, before working in general dentistry for six years. In 1996, he purchased his own practice, during which time he was appointed by Mersey Post-Graduate Dental Deanery as a Vocational Trainer for recently qualified dentists. William also took up a position at Liverpool University Dental School, where he taught and supervised undergraduate dental students in emergency dental care.
In 1999, he was awarded a place on the Orthodontic Specialist Training Programme at Liverpool University Dental School, qualifying as a specialist orthodontist in 2003.
- Other appointments include:
- Associate Clinical Teaching Fellow for Warwick University Medical School – teaching, assessing and examining students on the Orthodontic Nursing Certificate Course, Orthodontic Therapist Course and Masters Degree in Orthodontics.
- Examiner for the General Dental Council – examining for the International Qualifying Examination for overseas dentists wishing to practice in the UK.
- Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England – examining for the Membership in Joint Dental Faculties for dentists who have completed a foundation year’s training.
- Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England – the Membership in General Dental Practice for dentists in general practice.
- Previous examiner for the National Examination Board for Dental Nurses – for NVQ2 Dental Nursing, National Certificate for Dental Nursing and Post-Qualified Certificate in Orthodontic Nursing.
- Board member of the Mersey Regional Board of the Faculty of General Dental Practice, The Royal College of Surgeons of England – encouraging and facilitating the advancement in Dental Education and Clinical Standards.
- Extensive experience in Forensic Dentistry, in particular, the identification of human bodies through dental records.